Monday, November 30, 2009

I AM the centre of the universe...

My sister is visiting from her sunny Qld home for a few days (without her family - but thats a whole other story!). Anyway she's a blogger, she knows other bloggers and has even made friends with other bloggers from other parts of the world, so of course I wanted some of that action. But it's a bit intimidating, right? You have to write about yourself and stuff. What if people read it? What if no one reads it? ARRGH! I've been staring at the little box that says 'about me' for a day and a half already, unable to decide what to write.
Anyway I drove my sister to our parent's place yesterday afternoon and we were all having tea together (its been a really long time since it was just the 4 of us) talking about stuff. And I mentioned that my niece (she's 8) was, according to my sister, having trouble adjusting to the fact that the world doesn't revolve around her. But here's the thing - she is the oldest child in her family, as am i, so guess what - for a while she and i WERE the centre of our little worlds!!! For 3 years I was the lord of all i surveyed, the queen of my castle, the apple of my parent's eye and then Helen was born...
Every now and then Andrew will pay me out along these lines...
'are you hungry ?' 'not really' 'well, it can't be lunchtime then'
...so even if I don't consciously remember being an only child, I must have retained a bit of the attitude..

1 comment:

  1. Dear Fritz, you are still the centre of the world-at least untilI cometotown!!Love ya heaps!!!

    ReplyDelete