Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas craziness..

Andrew gave me a camera for my birthday this year - a Nikon D60, thank you very much! So there is a lot of 'scouting' going on at the moment. I look at things in a different way, see interesting textures and patterns all over the place - it could be quite annoying for everyone else i suppose.
Anyway, one morning on a bike ride I went through the middle level of the local Westfield carpark and the eeriness and feeling of abandonment appealed to me - you know, the lone trolley, the low lighting... So I went back the next morning and took some shots. You could have used them as a cautionary tale about the evils of alcohol they were so blurry. I'm not the fittest person and riding my bike up the ramp had me panting. Fast forward to Helen bringing me an early christmas present - a tripod - and you can imagine how eagerly i was off!
It's like Flinders St Station up there now! (maybe a slight exaggeration) Lights on, cars parked, people wandering zombie-like ruining my moment of artistic glory! All at 7 in the morning. Well, tomorrow I will be there at 6!!

1 comment:

  1. Damn inconsiderate!!! Don't they know they should not mess with the photographers' (ummm I can't think of the right word!!!) anyway, what I mean is that they should probably just push off and stop ruining your pictures!!! When you do get them, I insist that you post them - they sound awesome! Love ya guts, and that lot you hang out with!!!!

    ReplyDelete