Friday, January 8, 2010

procrastination...you say that like it's a bad thing

The youngest one just pointed out that I am behaving like Bernard in one of my favourite 'Black Books' episodes - the one where he is doing his tax but actually does everything he can to put it off including asking one of his customers to break his legs and getting involved in a long winded discussion with a couple of religious callers.
I hate bookwork (computerwork really). I hate doing the quarterly BAS statements and having to be accountable for everything. I hate that I'm supposed to do it in someone elses (the ATO in this case) time frame and not when I feel like it. That's the real reason if I'm honest - I dont like being told what to do when.
And being a reasonably intelligent person I recognise that if I gave it even an hour every week I could save myself huge amounts of grief - but here I am, yet again, cramming 3 mths into 1 day's work. It hasn't been a total waste though - I've done 4 loads of washing, made a fabulous dinner, tidied my wardrobe and backed up all the photos on the hard drive to a memory stick - and of course updated my blog. Sigh...back to work...or should i alphabetise my cd collection?

3 comments:

  1. I could tell you to go and alphabetise your CD collection, but you'd probably get all "don't tell me what to do" and end up doing your BAS statement. Hmmm.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Procrastination - I actually thought about majoring in it ... but then got sidetracked with the washing :)
    My kids always knew when an assignment was due, because the house would be spotless ... and I HATE housework!

    ReplyDelete