Wednesday, January 13, 2010

she started it...

Kids are sooo embarrassing!
I posted yesterday (it's addictive, ok) about picking my daughter up from work in full abba regalia and at the time a friend mentioned that it might be a bit unkind given her 'sensitive' age. 'Pshaw' I replied (or something like it) 'she started it'. When she was 4 we were in our local woolies and spotted the new recruit for the local basketball team heading down the aisle we were heading up (who knew they could afford an american?)
'That's what I call black' she pronounced at the top of her voice - they never say those sort of things under their breath or even in a stage whisper - everyone has to know.

And then there was the time when mum and my sister were waiting in the queue at the local post office - Helen was all of about 3 as the story goes, when a man on crutches joined the line. He may have been a veteran or the victim of an accident which had lost him a leg, and whether or not he had a prosthetic, he wasn't wearing it this day. 'Where's his other leg, mum?' Helen yells, as my poor mother tried to quietly distract her. She thought it had worked as Helen had given up fidgeting. I know you know it didn't! When she turned back to look there was my sister - lying on the floor, on her back looking up the empty leg of his shorts...

4 comments:

  1. you beast!! I was saving that story (for never)
    just remember when I start writing about you on my blog, I can say "she started it".....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Awesome :)And now Helen has Naked Ben to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha true and Naked ben has NO legs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where this fascination for Naked Ben began - now I know!!

    ReplyDelete